Tips: Visit our store: You can order an SEO service from our company online, and we will start working on your website much faster.
Fill out the form
and get a free quote!
GET A FREE QUOTE FOR SEO ACTIVITIES FOR YOUR BUSINESS
Leave us a contact to you, and we will call you back and present an offer tailored to the needs of your business.
We heard about this service for the first time in 2018, it was created with a view to improving remarketing and increasing reporting possibilities, thanks to the collective analysis of data left by users in various sources – Google signals, because that’s what we are talking about, is a completely new, interesting feature in Google Analytics, which can also be useful in the strategy of SEO activities . Is it worth running it?
Google signals – advertising personalization
First, let’s check what’s new, specifically, you can gain thanks to Google signals. Activation allows us, above all, to expand the scope of analytical possibilities by using additional information from logged in users who have enabled the so-called personalization of ads. What do we gain by this? Personalization in the display of advertising content allows you to control their display, adapting to individual interests and needs – these are benefits for users. If a person turns on this option, Google will be able to collect comprehensive data on the use of online services in various browsers and on various devices (phone, tablet or computer) – this is where publishers, analysts and marketers benefit. It is worth emphasizing that the new reports will not present the data of individual users, but only aggregate data. By default, Google login credentials expire after 26 months, if the user sets the data to be retained for a shorter period, the reports will include the specified period of time.
Cross Device and Google Signals
What is the most functional in Google signals? Cross Device reports are of great importance. The key to understanding the behavior of users on the web today is the use of all possible information – including data from each device that is used to surf the web, and often, e.g. in the online purchase process, a given user uses several of them. Until now, the knowledge base consisted of only cookies assigned to each device separately. Google signals enabled access to new reports:
- Device Overlap – Percentage mobile / desktop overlap, users by device.
- Device paths – sequences of device categories used during the conversion path (e.g. desktop-> mobile-> desktop), steps both before and after conversion.
- Channels – grouping by channels (Display, Paid Search, Organic Search, Refferal, Direct), users by channel over time.
- Acquisition Device – New user data by device category.
Importantly, the data in the reports goes back only to the moment when Google signals was first turned on, so it is worth activating this function early if you want to collect a specific amount of information about users.
How to use Google signals data?
So what about these new possibilities? What can they be useful for? Expanding Google Analytics reporting will help primarily in:
- optimizing the advertising budget based on data on the use of various devices, those that were used at the time of acquiring a new user;
- more accurate reporting of the number of users, not devices, thanks to Cross Device reports;
- conducting more effective remarketing activities through better understanding of users’ habits;
- optimization of Google Ads or Facebook Ads campaigns, thanks to better matching to the preferences of Internet users;
- improving the constant monitoring of the effectiveness of remarketing activities through the available reports and analyzes;
- defining the target audience more precisely (e.g. thanks to reports on demographic data and interests), and thus devoting more attention to servicing the most valuable;
- also in the process of designing customer shopping paths that will be better adapted to the needs and expectations of users.
Google signals not only brings a lot of new information, but also supplements and clarifies those that were obtained in an incomplete form at an early stage, which in practice makes it extremely easy to make various strategic decisions – also in the field of website positioning and optimization, for example.
How to use Google signals in SEO?
SEO and Google signals – where can we find the main link here? The fact that we are increasing the amount of data that reaches us in Google Analytics reports has an impact on building an SEO strategy. For example, Cross Device reports will be of particular importance, as they (provided that the person has enabled the ad personalization option) also apply to organic search results. In the case of e-commerce companies, meticulous tracking of how users lead the conversion path on different devices can be very useful in improving the website, its mobile version, the right speed, a correct and clear interface, a convenient sales system, etc. In many fields marketing and positioning activities complement each other and allow you to increase their effectiveness, See: Video Search Engine Optimization – an important part of positioning
Activating Google signals is very simple. You can do it in two ways – eg through the “Administration” panel, then the option: “Tracking Information” -> “Service” column and selecting the “Data Collection” option and clicking “Start”. It is worth trying this option if we want the best analytics and success of remarketing activities.
Get your free 30 minute strategy session with an experienced digital marketer from Dubai SEO company. Receive a free, no obligation quote!